The Canadian estate markets are rich with opportunity. Perhaps you are a Chinese buyer looking to purchase an investment property in Canada or you may simply wish to purchase a property for your children who are moving to Canada for school. Regardless of why you would like to take advantage of the Canadian real estate market, Chinese buyers often face a host of obstacles during the process of purchasing Canadian properties. Without local expertise the task of locating and acquiring quality property can be challenging.
Our real estate professionals consist of Canadian and Chinese lawyers and Canadian finance and property experts who offer a one stop, turn-key service to assist Chinese buyers with purchasing properties in Canada. Our dedicated team provides a client focused experience focusing on each individual’s particular needs. Our rich expertise makes the process of purchasing a property in Canada extremely simple and seamless for you as a purchaser. In addition, we also assist with property sales transactions.
We will work with you to find the exact property that fits your needs. Our local experts have relationships with building developers and are aware of the many projects and properties for sale in Canada. This local knowledge can be the difference between a successful investment and a poor investment. Our local experts will assist in negotiating the best price available for your property. Our local experts also have access to investments that are not available to others. These properties are not listed on various online portals. They come at reduced prices as a result of close relationships between our company and the developer of these properties.
We will help you navigate through the laws associated with your property closing, help you reduce your taxes, draft your closing documents and assist with all legal aspects of your purchase or sale.
Our Canadian lawyers in China prepare property closing documents and a full range of notary services associated with property closing transactions in Canada and other countries as well, such as the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand. This allows a purchaser in China to complete their transactions without traveling to Canada or overseas to sign and notarize documents. In circumstances where buyers have friends or family members in Canada or another overseas country, China-based buyers are able to meet with us in China and provide a notarized power of attorney form to delegate their representative to handle property closing procedures in Canada or overseas on their behalf.
If you require any other services, we can help source mortgages and insurance and help locate tenants for your property. We provide a customized one stop service that meets every one of your needs. This is the difference between our company and using an online portal to purchase a property without proper guidance.
Meet with our lawyer in China to notarize your property purchase and sale documents instead of traveling to Canada to complete these transactions.
We commonly notarize the following documents:
• Verification of Identity
• Certified true copies of passports, marriage certificates and other identity documents
• Mortgage Applications and Guarantee of mortgage forms
• General power of attorney for property
• Family Law Act consent form
• Power of attorney to purchase or sell property in Canada
• Power of attorney to handle mortgage and banking matters during a property purchase
• Transfer of Land Forms
• Affidavit of execution
• Sellers Certificates
• Enduring Power of Attorney
• Acknowledgement and Direction of Non-Residency
• Vendor’s Closing Certificates
• Statutory Declaration of Vendor
Legal Services regarding the sale or purchase of a property in Canada:
• Search title and discuss charges to remain on title
• Obtain and review municipal tax information specific to a property
• Prepare or obtain transfer and mortgage documents as well as supporting documents required by the land registry
• Attend to or arrange for execution of transfer and mortgage documents
• Negotiate appropriate closing undertakings with solicitor/notary for seller or buyer
• Receive and account for trust funds
• Provide lenders with its requested security documents
• Attend to registration of relevant documents at the appropriate Land Title Office
• Make inquiries as to the residency status of the seller pursuant to the Income Tax Acts
• Disburse trust funds
• Report and provide a final state of Title Certificate